>> and (b) I just ran DiskDefragmenter on my wi**ows partition and
>> the number went from 1.6% to 2.0% non-contiguous! What's Bill doing to my
>> machine!!!? If there is damage being done, is it hard or soft?
>
>No damage done, that must have been purely by chance. Or can you "see" hda7
>from your Windows partition?

nope, I've nicknamed it the 'blockhead partition' because it thinks it's the be-
all and end-all of operating systems and gets all cagey about talking to others.
It stunted my growth and made me complacent. I wouldn't have a clue how to
access my Linux partition from my blockhead partition. I know it's probably
possible with DOS, but I never had to learn how to navigate with DOS 'cos I was
 being spoon-fed.
Linux is now my cosmos of choice because I have _learn_ with it, and this has
made me fall in love with it.
And all you people who're helping us novices: I hope you all realize how
wonderful you are.
That's my rant.

with love,
dns.