--- Original Message ---
Robert Haehnel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote on
        22 Jun 00 09:26:04 EDT
 ------------------
I apoligize if others have seen this before, but I never did
see this posted
on the list, and I got no response so I think the original msg
was  vaporized
into the e-mail ether.

I'm looking for a Hot PC with Linux pre-installed. I'm aiming
for an Athlon
900MHz, 512MB (133MHz), machine with 20GB HD, sound, and good
video card (32MB
Ram, accelerated, ...).

I was planning on using RH6.x.

I checked out www.linux.org and there is a very long list of
vendors who sell
Linux Pre-installed. The question is, does anyone recommend any
vendors?

I have installed Linux on three systems, all of them dual boot.
But this
system is going to be a dedicated Linux box, so why not buy it
pre-installed,
and ready to go?

I checked out VALinux and Dell, and both of them specialize in
PIII systems.
I'ld like an Athlon. Xi makes a pretty hot linux box with Athlon
inside. So
does QLITech, ASL, and Real Computer Systems. The latter two
I have never
heard of so I'm just trying to sift the wheat from the chaf.

Thanks for any tips.

--

R. Haehnel

--
"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
--W. C. Fields

-----