----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Jakobsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, 25 June 2000 8:34
Subject: Samba.

> Hi.
>
> I have setup a Samba network here. Ping, FTP, works in both ways between
> the 2 computers I have setup.
> One with SuSE Linux 6.3 and the other one using WIN98.

I've done it with Caldera and RH.

> But I cannot browse the WIN98 computer from the Linux one.

You need to mount the the windows drive(s) on your linux box.
You will need to make a  mount point like - /mnt/winc say for C drive.
Call it anything you like. Put it where you like.
You also need the SMB (SAMBA) client software on your linux box.

Mount  it with-
/YOURPATH/smbmount //host/share /mnt/winc

/YOURPATH is the path to smbmount.
host is the name of the windows computer.
share is the drive or folder to mount.
/mnt/winc as above.
Repeat for each share.

Treat it/them as windows partitions on the linux box.

Don't forget to-
smbumount /mnt/winc
when you're done.

> The setup directory in smb.conf I cannot open from the WIN98 explorer.
>
> What do I lack.

I haven't bothered to edit my smb.conf since I changed over to RH a couple
of
days ago. Guess I don't have anything on my linux box that windows wants :-)
I tend to use linux now to transfer files between computer. I need the
practice.

> Your reply is most welcome.
>
> Erik.

If the above doesn't work, the experts can jump in :-)
Shane..