On Sun, 25 Jun 2000,  Areg wrote about,  Again Apache problem:
> This problem was discussed recently, but it didn't work at me. I talk
> about accessing users' index.html files in public_html dir via
> "host/~user". I tried both - change permissions on public_html to
> 755 & fixed httpd.config from
>
> <Directory /*/public_html>
> <Directory /home/*/public_html>
> but it didn't help.
>
> Is there another solve to this problem?
> I'm using v 1.3.6.

Remember that IF the users home directory has 700 permissions like
slackware does then the above is NOT a solution.

You will need to change the users directory permissions not just
public_html.

Or at least thats what i have found, there could well be another way.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]