OK, sorry, I had a hard time deciding between ASL and Xi. They both make Hot
PC's with Linux pre-installed, but I wound up going with ASL becuase:

1. They seemed to have more experiance with Linux, so I'm hoping it comes out
of the box ready to roll with no tweeking or bugs. One of my colligues bought
a Dell with RH6.1 preinstalled and has had trouble with it crashing. I think
we have it narrowed down to the Invidia video card. It crashes X and prings
the whole system down.

2. It comes with 133MHz memory for the same price as the Xi computer with
100MHz.

3. The ASL comes with SCSI card, HD, and CDROM, while the Xi is all IDE.

Just to recap FYI, its a 900MHz Athlon, 512MB Ram, 9 GB HD, for under $2500.
Isn't life great!

Later

--

R. Haehnel