Hi Karthik.

It sounds like you have an ATX power supply to me.

Look in your BIOS settings under the 'Power Management' section. There
should be an entry there, probably called 'power loss recovery' or something
similar.  I don't have one of these types of machines so I'm relying on my
memory from a friends machine.

Just in case you don't know how to get into your BIOS settings: You can
usually press DEL when you're booting up to get into BIOS (there will be a
message saying this at the bottom of your boot up screen).

The method of getting into BIOS varies but pressing DEL seems to be the most
common method.

Hope this helps.