On Mon, 26 Jun 2000,  TMP Company wrote about,  X crashing:
> I'm sorry I didn't write it down but X was complaining about noise from KBD
> "keyboard ?" cable.  This happens when I have my A / B data switch set to my
> Win98 box for a day or two with out using it.  It happens on both root and
> other log in.  I just started testing with a prompt only.

I tryed that once with a switch box, what i think happens is that the kbd
program wants to see the keyboard at all times, as soon as the 5 volt line
goes down, (when you switch to the other keyboard) quite possably X will
complain, i only tryed it once in X, however in a normall console Linux
will run without a keyboard, in fact Linux will run without even a video
card, keyboard or mouse.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]