On Tue, 27 Jun 2000,  Shane Deering wrote about,  Real slow Netscape.:
> I've heard about Netscape being a bit slow to load, but
> sometimes it takes a number of minutes for Nescape to
> Load here. It's like it's lost something and can't find it.
> Sometimes it will (seem to)load quickly, but as soon I click on
> Nescape somwhere it freezes, again for some minutes then does whatever
> I clicked on. So far it has only done one or the other at a time
> and once it gets past that, it doesn't do it again for that session.
> I get the same with RH 6.2 and Caldera OpenLinux 2.3.
>
> Is this a common problem or have I got a problem with my system?

In general this sounds more like a network related problem,
1) A possable dns problem.
2) Slow network.

The long startup time could also be network related if netscape automaticly
opens a home page when started.

Another reason for a long start time could very well be swapping of memory
and machine speed. You did not say what type of machine or how much memory
you have either RAM or swap.

I have a P333 with 64M RAM and 75M swap, netscape takes about 3 seconds to
load here and is by no way slow during page downloads.

The above is not much to go on but you may find some hints here, i would
also start checking the system logs and http logs for any clues.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]