Hi

I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to install Redhat 6.2.
After setting up my partitions etc I select the package groups to
install and click Next then....total lock up. No mouse, nothing (Or
should that be total cock up)  I have to do a hard reboot to regain
control.

The only thing that seems to work at all is the automatic server
installation. I get a system up and running in no time. The only
problem is I don't get all the packages I need.
I also have an AGP graphics card. Could this be the problem? It
seems that any time I select anything that might require a
graphical interface the install program goes pear shaped.
The graphical part of the install program itself seems to work fine
until it gets to the 'reading packages' bit.

The processor is an AMD K6400. This machine used to run
Windows 95 and required a patch in order to work at all. Has
anybody installed sucessfully on a similar machine ?

I'd like to use Linux to do my Java programming as the tools I've
seen running on Redhat Linux are just so much quicker and
smoother than my current Windows ones.

Cheers
Duncan L.Strang
Duncan L.Strang