On Thu, 01 Jan 1970,  Sean Rima wrote about,  Auto mounting a cd on a NFS server:
> Originally to: All
>
> Is it possible to mount a cdrom on a nfs server.

Yes.

> I share 1 cdrom unit on my network and cannot seem to get the unit that
> has it to auto mount it when it is required

I cannot comment on automounting as i have never used it.
I also belive automounting such disks is not a good idea on a NFS server.

Normally one mounts a cdrom under a directory, that directory would need to
be exported in /etc/exports.
I have mine mounted at bootime and exported this way, however my local lan
has access to /usr/local so i mount my cdrom under /usr/local/cdrom
No need for any other configuration this way.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]