I've installed all those old libs from libc5*.rpm, but it don't help.
 I see I have to upgrade InterBase to v6 if I don't want to any
 headaches  with this old IB distro. Problem is that this old (v4)
 version is distributed only as binaries...

 Thanks for your help - I see it's better not to use old binaries, but
 compile them from sources.

ljc> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Areg wrote:

>> Actually here are error messages
>>
>> /usr/lib/libgdslib.so: undefined reference to `_xstat'
>> /usr/lib/libgdslib.so: undefined reference to `__setjmp'
>> /usr/lib/libgdslib.so: undefined reference to `_fxstat'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

ljc> The problem here is that libgdslib.so is calling libc internal functions
ljc> by the names they have in libc.so.5.  I don't know what libgdslib is - I
ljc> don't have one, so I don't see how you are referring to it to just
ljc> compile

ljc> main(){}

ljc> but if you can find and install a current one of those, it should fix
ljc> this problem.  I think it has nothing to do with compiler version.

ljc> Alternatively, RH has a libc-5* rpm to provide support for running old
ljc> programs.  Sure you don't mean RH 4.9?  RH went with glibc-2.0 as of RH
ljc> 5.0.  If you monkey with the ./configure or Makefile or gcc comand, you
ljc> can force it to link with libc-5.

>> When I compile this on other computer with older compiler (v 2.7.2) all
ljc> is
>> going
>> OK.
>>
>> The program can be only
>>
>> main(){}
>>
>> But if compiled with that library it generates those errors.

>> I have gcc v
>>
>> RA> That is very hard to say without knowing what the program is and
ljc> what
>> the
>> RA> error messages are. Normally its not so much gcc which causes the
>> problems,
>> RA> its changing system calls and lib funtions.

ljc> Lawson
ljc> ---cut here

ljc> YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!
ljc> Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
ljc> Try it today - there's no risk!  For your FREE software, visit:
ljc> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

ljc> -
ljc> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-newbie" in
ljc> the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ljc> Please read the FAQ at http://www.linux-learn.org/faqs