I have a OPL3 soundcard installed on my 586 under DOS and it works fine.
Getting acquainted with Linux (Red Hat) I had version 5,2 but after
I have screwed it up several times and reinstalling it regularly ;-) I
I got the newer version 6.2.
Under version 5.2 my soundcard was installed. The installation did not give
me any trouble. Different with version 6.2. There the card is recognized but
the default does not work. I have tried every other possibility offered by
the sndconfig but to no avail.
 Looking at my DOS setup I got lots of info which I want to translate to the
possibilities from Linux.
Here is what I get from my DOS setup (no idea what it means):

WSS   base 0x530 IRQ5 PDRQ:0 CDRQ:1
SB    base 0x220 IRQ5 DMA 1
MPU   base 0x330 IRQ5
ADLIB base 0x388 CTRL base 0x370

Anybody can tell me what combination should work and why it works in good
old DOS and not in Linux?
Where can I find the error info from my bootup. I get some error messages
but have no idea how and where to retrieve them.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside
of a dog, its too dark to read."  --Groucho Marx

Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registere