At 11:57 AM 8/10/00 EDT, Aaron Brown wrote:
>Extreme newbie here.  I'm using Definute Linux 7.0, with
>kernel version 2.2.12-10.  I have two plug-and-play cards,
>a soundcard (which we'll ignore for now, as I don't urgently
>need to use it), and a Motorola VoiceSURFR 56K modem, which
>I do want to use.  So far I haven't gotten the modem to do
>a single thing.  (I'm writing this on someone else's computer,
>of course.)

I can't find a "Motorola VoiceSURFR" listed in the database at

        http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/20000809a.html

so let me ask if it is an isa-bus or a pci-bus modem. If the second, it is
*probably* a Winmodem and will not work with Linux. If the first, then
describe in more detail what you are trying with isapnp.