On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Dave Jiang <dave.ji...@intel.com> wrote:
> NVDIMM DSM interface v1.6 added additional smart health fields. Updating the
> smart payload data structure accordingly.

I've thought about this a bit more and given the fact that this is out
of date and the SMART threshold payload has changed in an incompatible
manner in the latest spec, I'm going to deprecate these payloads. The
threshold breakage is unfortunate but given the thresholds can not be
set until support for the new 'set threshold' dsm the impact is
limited. We'll leave these payloads in the kernel until there are no
versions of ndctl shipping in distributions that depend on them.