On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 03:43:56PM +0300, ext Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tony Lindgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080331 17:30]:
> > * Tony Lindgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080331 13:43]:
> > > * Tony Lindgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080328 10:41]:

> > > I'll push this today with a REVISIT comment added.
> >
> > Looks like this kills twl4030 interrupts, so I've reverted it.
>
> After looking into this problem a bit more, looks like twl4030 reads
> to anything in "POWER ID" (modules 0x10 and higher) will hang twl4030
> eventually and I2C controller gets stuck in mode where STP never clears.
>
> Repeated reads to "USB ID", "AUD ID" or "AUX ID" will not hang twl4030.

I remember seeing something similar when doing the powerbutton code.
Klaus Pedersen found out that leaving CFG_BOOT to its reset value solved
the problem. Unfortunately this breaks MADC and USB afaics, so it's not
a real solution. CFG_BOOT is programmed in power_companion_init().

Cheers,

Peter.

--
goa is a state of mind