This feature allows the TWL4030 keypad internal sequencer to go to idle state
if no keypresses are made for the period of time programmed in the timeout
register.The reason why you are seeing this only after a release is because
this timeout feature is activated only after a release event.Thus when a key is
release you see a keyreleased event interrupt and after the programmed timeout
interval is over a timeout event interrupt.This timeout interrupt does nothing
but tell you that the keypad internal sequencer is going to idle state.
This is not a must to have feature but there is nothing wrong with having it
also.

Regards
Thara