> Hmm, so the crash is actually somewhere else.

Yes, the assert is the first point at which you can detect that things
are going to go badly :-)  The actual crash happens two or three
function calls deeper when the first substream pointer dereference
occurs.

> Could you disable debug
> and get the NULL pointer dereference at the right point ?

Will do, compiling right now.

> I think it'll be easier to track down, maybe.

Maybe -- but the root cause of the crash is the null substream pointer
which was set way up the call chain.

I'll attach the new crash log in a few minutes when the build completes.

Steve