On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:56:00 +0530
"ext Arun KS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am writing an ASOC driver for tlvaic23 on osk5912 platform.
> When do an aplay, I m getting a  NULL pointer dereference. I added
> some debug prints in the soc/core/pcm_native.c, also in codec and
> platform drivers. The null pointer is comming in IOCTL
> SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_SYNC_PTR.
> Log is pasted below.

It's good that you can reproduce this on OSK as well.

I think some configuration difference is revealing this bug out. For instance I
can trigger this on Beagle with overo_defconfig + manually adding support for
Beagle (CONFIG_MACH_OMAP3_BEAGLE=y) and ASoC Beagle
(CONFIG_SND_OMAP_SOC_OMAP3_BEAGLE=y).

But I cannot reproduce this with Beagle defconfig + manually adding support for
Overo (CONFIG_MACH_OVERO=y) and ASoC Beagle
(CONFIG_SND_OMAP_SOC_OMAP3_BEAGLE=y).

I'm using up-to-date l-o with following patches:

Author: Jarkko Nikula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Fri Sep 19 16:36:38 2008 +0300

    ARM: OMAP: Fixes to omap_mcbsp_request function

Author: Jarkko Nikula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Tue Sep 16 15:56:53 2008 +0300

    ARM: OMAP: Add RX/TX interrupts for 2430 and 34xx McBSP ports 3-5

Author: ext Felipe Contreras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Tue Sep 16 23:51:35 2008 +0300

    alsa: add Beagleboard SoC configuration.

I don't know is this configuration difference necessarily related to sound
since I tried to modify N810 sound configuration similar to Overo defconfig but
wasn't able to reproduce. Have to continue hunting.

Jarkko