Probably some savings inside of individual domains when they are in idle like
camera.  Defiantly internal autogating in CortexA8 saves power if MPU domain is
in idle.  ... Recall if DSP is up and running L3/L4 might be up, but MPU could
be in WFI with its domain gated off (also in INACTIVE/RET/OFF).

A 1st order power waster is fan out from L3/L4 as you say.

Future OMAPs add more domains to reduce fan out effect even if L3/L4 is on.

> In many modules there is also possibility to gate ick by HW when not
> in wfi (see AUTOIDLE in SYCONFIG). I'm not sure about this but
> extremely also fcks could be taken care by HW (see CLOCKACTIVITY in
> SYSCONFIG).

Module AUTOIDLE can save power by selective gating inside the module.  An easy
experiment is to measure power while stopped in the debugger and enable/disable
individual auto idles.  You'll be surprised how much you get back on something
like security accelerators (all I-clock, so gating inside of modules helps,
even if l3/l4 is up).

Clock activity in some modules does do extra gating at segment idle time.

Regards,
Richard W.