On 03/07/2014 12:50 PM, Archit Taneja wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Tuesday 04 March 2014 05:05 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>> On 03/04/14 12:25, Archit Taneja wrote:
>>> I had a minor question about the selection API:
>>>
>>> Are the V4L2_SET_TGT_CROP/COMPOSE_DEFAULT and the corresponding
>>> 'BOUNDS' targets supposed to be used with VIDIOC_S_SELECTION? If so,
>>> what's the expect behaviour?
>>
>> No, those are read only in practice. So only used with G_SELECTION, never
>> with S_SELECTION.
>
> <snip>
>
> I tried the v4l2-compliance thing. It's awesome! And a bit annoying too
> when it comes to fixing little things needed for compliance :). But it's
> required, and I hope to fix these eventually.
>
> After a few small fixes in the driver, I get the results as below. I am
> debugging the cause of try_fmt and s_fmt failures. I'm not sure why the
> streaming test fails with MMAP, the logs of my driver show that a
> successful mem2mem transaction happened.
>
> I tried this on the 'vb2-part1' branch as you suggested.
>
> Do you think I can go ahead with posting the v3 patch set for 3.15, and
> work on fixing the compliance issue for the -rc fixes?

It's fine to upstream this in staging, but while not all compliance errors
are fixed it can't go to drivers/media. I'm tightening the screws on that
since v4l2-compliance is getting to be such a powerful tool for ensuring
the driver complies.

> [...]
>
> Required ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: OK
>
> Allow for multiple opens:
>          test second video open: OK
>          test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: OK
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_PRIORITY: OK
>
> Debug ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_DBG_G/S_REGISTER: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_LOG_STATUS: OK (Not Supported)
>
> Input ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_TUNER: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_FREQUENCY: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_S_HW_FREQ_SEEK: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S/ENUMINPUT: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_AUDIO: OK (Not Supported)
>          Inputs: 0 Audio Inputs: 0 Tuners: 0
>
> Output ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_MODULATOR: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_FREQUENCY: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_ENUMAUDOUT: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S/ENUMOUTPUT: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_AUDOUT: OK (Not Supported)
>          Outputs: 0 Audio Outputs: 0 Modulators: 0
>
> Control ioctls:
>                  info: checking v4l2_queryctrl of control 'User
> Controls' (0x00980001)
>                  info: checking v4l2_queryctrl of control 'Buffers Per
> Transaction' (0x00981950)
>                  info: checking v4l2_queryctrl of control 'Buffers Per
> Transaction' (0x08000000)
>          test VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL/MENU: OK
>                  info: checking control 'User Controls' (0x00980001)
>                  info: checking control 'Buffers Per Transaction'
> (0x00981950)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_CTRL: OK
>                  info: checking extended control 'User Controls'
> (0x00980001)
>                  info: checking extended control 'Buffers Per
> Transaction' (0x00981950)
>          test VIDIOC_G/S/TRY_EXT_CTRLS: OK
>                  info: checking control event 'User Controls' (0x00980001)
>                  info: checking control event 'Buffers Per Transaction'
> (0x00981950)
>          test VIDIOC_(UN)SUBSCRIBE_EVENT/DQEVENT: OK
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_JPEGCOMP: OK (Not Supported)
>          Standard Controls: 1 Private Controls: 1
>
> Input/Output configuration ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_ENUM/G/S/QUERY_STD: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_ENUM/G/S/QUERY_DV_TIMINGS: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_DV_TIMINGS_CAP: OK (Not Supported)
>
> Format ioctls:
>                  info: found 8 formats for buftype 9
>                  info: found 4 formats for buftype 10
>          test VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT/FRAMESIZES/FRAMEINTERVALS: OK
>          test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G_FBUF: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G_FMT: OK
>                  fail: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(614): Video Capture
> Multiplanar: TRY_FMT(G_FMT) != G_FMT
>          test VIDIOC_TRY_FMT: FAIL
>                  warn: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(834): S_FMT cannot handle
> an invalid pixelformat.
>                  warn: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(835): This may or may not
> be a problem. For more information see:
>                  warn: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(836):
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg56550.html
>                  fail: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(420): pix_mp.reserved not

This is easy enough to fix.

>                  fail: v4l2-test-formats.cpp(851): Video Capture
> Multiplanar is valid, but no S_FMT was implemented

For the FMT things: run with -T: that gives nice traces. You can also
set the debug flag: echo 2 >/sys/class/video4linux/video0/debug to see all
ioctls in more detail.

>          test VIDIOC_S_FMT: FAIL
>          test VIDIOC_G_SLICED_VBI_CAP: OK (Not Supported)
>
> Codec ioctls:
>          test VIDIOC_(TRY_)ENCODER_CMD: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_G_ENC_INDEX: OK (Not Supported)
>          test VIDIOC_(TRY_)DECODER_CMD: OK (Not Supported)
>
> Buffer ioctls:
>                  info: test buftype Video Capture Multiplanar
>                  warn: v4l2-test-buffers.cpp(403): VIDIOC_CREATE_BUFS
> not supported
>                  info: test buftype Video Output Multiplanar
>                  warn: v4l2-test-buffers.cpp(403): VIDIOC_CREATE_BUFS
> not supported
>          test VIDIOC_REQBUFS/CREATE_BUFS/QUERYBUF: OK
>          test VIDIOC_EXPBUF: OK (Not Supported)
>          test read/write: OK (Not Supported)
>              Video Capture Multiplanar (polling):
>                  Buffer: 0 Sequence: 0 Field: Top Timestamp: 113.178208s
>                  fail: v4l2-test-buffers.cpp(222): buf.field !=
> cur_fmt.fmt.pix.field

Definitely needs to be fixed, you probably just don't set the field at all.

>                  fail: v4l2-test-buffers.cpp(630): checkQueryBuf(node,
> buf, bufs.type, bufs.memory, buf.index, Dequeued, last_seq)
>                  fail: v4l2-test-buffers.cpp(1038): captureBufs(node,
> bufs, m2m_bufs, frame_count, true)
>          test MMAP: FAIL
>          test USERPTR: OK (Not Supported)
>          test DMABUF: Cannot test, specify --expbuf-device
>
> Total: 40, Succeeded: 37, Failed: 3, Warnings: 5
>
> [1]+  Exit 1                  ./utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-compliance -v
> --streaming=10

Regards,

        Hans