On 14/03/14 12:19, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 14/03/14 12:14, Mark Rutland wrote:
>
>> I can't see anything obviously wrong in platform_device_del. Do you have
>> a backtrace?
>
> Yes, below.
>
> I can see at least drivers/usb/dwc3/dwc3-exynos.c doing the exact same thing
> I do, so maybe I've got something wrong with the omapdss driver.

Looks to me that the devices created by of_platform_populate() are not
unregisterable in all cases. The address resource created via
of_platform_populate() had NULL res->parent, which causes
release_resource to crash.

I can as well call of_platform_populate() in the platform init code at
boot time, and create the devices there for now.

 Tomi