On Wednesday 04 June 2014 03:11 PM, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Roger Quadros <rog...@ti.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Can you try to get XIP out of the boot sequence and see if it works?
>> Maybe try to boot from mmc directly?
>>
>> This would prove that NAND/GPMC driver is leaving some state that doesn't
>> go well with the bootROM XIP.
>
> This configuration is soldered. It won't be easy to change.

Most likely XIP is the issue if sysboot has not changed.

The way ROM works for XIP boot is:

1) Set chip select 0 base address to 0x0800'0000
2) Read memory at 0x0800'0000
3) If something else other than 0x0 or ~0x0 is found, jump to
0x0800'0000 and start executing.

Can you check to see the contents of 0x0800'0000 before and after nand
write using mtdblock?

Thanks,
Sekhar