Is it the right way to test? Because I think the ts_lib will cover
misbehavior of the touchscreen driver.

>> > As Richard also noted, it would be nice if ti could let us know how to
>> > get the delay values right. By trial and error is IMHO not the best
>> > way.
>>
>> That is not only an opinion, it is a matter of fact. TI really dropped the
>> ball on
>> this one. I thought the patch series was a sign they finally were going to
>> properly address this issue. Wrong again.
>
> These patches originate from work I did on TI's SDK 7.00 (3.12 kernel).  The
> touchscreen is working beautifully in that environment and we are putting
> forth significant effort to bring those improvements to the community.
>
> Things do not seem to be working as well with the current mainline kernel.
> I've been reviewing various patches between 3.12 and the mainline to
> understand why it's different.  I believe I have figured this out, and I have
> discussions going separately with individuals that contributed those patches
> in order to come up with the best possible solution, i.e. we likely need a
> few additional changes to this patch set.

Ok, then I'm looking forward for a new patch set to test. Furthermore,
I would be interested which changes you are talking about.

> The CHARGECONFIG delay serves precisely the same purpose as the udelay in the
> original code base.  How did you determine the udelay value in the first
> place?  I went through the effort of figuring out a way to make the delay
> into a HARDWARE delay instead of a software delay so that it could be removed
> from the ISR.  That delay time relates to "settling time" and so it's going
> to be dependent on your PCB.  You could hook up an oscilloscope and attempt
> to capture this parameter from the signals themselves.  Personally I think
> that's a lot more difficult than just doing a few iterations of testing.

I did measure with an oscilloscope to get the right charge delay and
it looks fine to me. But I can't affect the jumps with the charge
delay, the only thing that helped, was to add some sample delay. But
it didn't solve it.

>> The data sheet for the TI part used to have a reference to an app-note for
>> the touch controller.
>>
>>       spruh73f page 1154
>>
>>       The Pen IRQ can only occur if the correct Pen Ctrl bits are high
>>       (AFE Pen Ctrl bits 6:5 in the TSC_ADC control register) and if
>>       the correct ground transistor biasing is set in the StepConfig
>>       [N] Register. Refer to the application notes for the correct
>>       settings.
>>
>> I searched high and low for this application note. Then, the data sheet got
>> revised.
>
> Such an application note does not exist, which explains why you didn't find
> it and why we have removed that reference from the TRM.  Sorry for your
> trouble.  We always strive for accurate documentation.

Thanks,
Hannes