> Hi Hans,
> Please find my comments inline. Most of the comments are taken care of.

> 2.  In DSS rotation is accomplished by some memory algorithm but its quite
> costly so -1 is essentially same as 0 degree but with out the overhead.
> But if mirroring is on then we have to do the 0 degree rotation with
> overhead using some memory techniques.  So from user point of view he will
> only be setting 0 but internally driver will take it as -1 or 0 depending
> upon the mirroring selected.

Hi Hardik,

I just looked over these comments and I'll do a full review in the weekend
when I'm back from San Francisco. But just one quick remark regarding this
magic -1 number: wouldn't it be better to write a small inline function
like this:

/* return true if we need to rotate or mirror, return false if we
   don't have to do anything here. */
static inline int needs_rotate(struct foo *foo)
{
    return foo->rotate != 0 || foo->mirror;
}

I think this is much more understandable. It's up to you, though.

Regards,

        Hans