can we have a shorter title?

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 02:46:49PM +0530, Keerthy wrote:
> Hi Nishanth,

<cut>

> >I am not sure if this #ifdeffery is even needed.
> >

> >Eduardo, Rui: If this is not the suggested technique, maybe you guys
> >could suggest how we could handle a case where userspace might be
> >hungup due to some reason and a case where a critical temperature
> >event in the middle of device probe was triggered?

Orderly power off is supposed to take care of this. Looking at the code,
it will force a shutdown in case execution of userland command fails:

static int __orderly_poweroff(bool force)
{
        int ret;

        ret = run_cmd(poweroff_cmd);

        if (ret && force) {
                pr_warn("Failed to start orderly shutdown: forcing the
issue\n");

                /*
                 * I guess this should try to kick off some daemon to sync and
                 * poweroff asap.  Or not even bother syncing if we're doing an
                 * emergency shutdown?
                 */
                emergency_sync();
                kernel_power_off();