Hi,

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 13:52 +0200, ext Gary Thomas wrote:
> Venkatesh, Subbu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have DSS2 ported on LDP board, I could manage to get output display on TV
> > and LCD interface individually, also tested some of the features like
> > Rotation and Mirroring, they worked with out any problem.
>
> What does "DSS2 ported on LDP board" mean?  What source tree/branch did you
> use?

He was using my DSS2 tree from
http://www.bat.org/~tomba/git/linux-omap-dss.git (or some older version
of it).

> > Now I am trying to get output both on TV and LCD simultaneously,
> >
> > I was not successful with my approach that I tried, like
> >
> > 1. Boot the kernel with the default LCD display
> > 2. Then I enabled ntsc timings for TV, as PAL do not work on it.
> >     #echo ntsc > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/timings
> > 3. Enabled TV
> >   # echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/enable
> > and did the common fb test....
> > But it did not seem to work.
> > Its nice if someone has different working approach or can suggest me where
> > I am going wrong in the above steps.
>
> Is this stuff documented somewhere?  Like the difference
> between DSS1 and DSS2?  How the various layers and overlays
> are supposed to work?  What about the camera interface?

It's documented in DSS2 documentation, Documentation/arm/OMAP/DSS. Of
course knowledge of OMAP's display subsystem is required, and that
information can be found from the OMAP TRM.

I have no idea about the camera, it has nothing to do with DSS.

 Tomi