Seems hacking moves along fast, some basic info and mis-info on Pre.  Pre
kernel which is shipped needs a few patches and it is capable of running
sr+dvfs at the same time.

> > the file is there but after running
> > echo -n 1 > /sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp
> > there is still zero in the file and in kernel log I see
> > OPP3 doesn't support SmartReflex
> > SR2: VDD autocomp not activated

In older code you need both compile time and run time to get it to take.  Just
turning it on won't be so safe until some bug fixes make their way out.

> It may make sense to look at the 'pm' branch:
> http://elinux.org/OMAP_Power_Management

pm branch needs a few changes to make it viable for sr.

> But this wiki page has comment:
> "Enables SmartReflex autocompensation on VDD2 (Note: This feature can only be
> tested on a ES3.1 silicon):
> # echo 1 > /sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp"
>
> And AFAIK beagleboard revision C has ES3.0 silicon. So no luck here. Or can
> something still be done?

You will only find characterized parameters for 3.1 and 3.1.1.  These are
production parts.

I had heard a few bits of talk about running at lower voltage helping ehci out.
 That seems backwards even if tests show it working. I wonder if it is some
artifact of a timing change which happens at lower voltage and because of some
new internal chip activity.

Regards,
Richard W.