Mem clock is both times 166MHz. I don't know whether are differences in cycle
access and timing, but memclock is fine.

Following Siarhei hints of initialize the buffers (around 1.2 MByte each)
I get different results in 22kernel for use of
malloc alone
memcpy =   473.764, loop4 =   448.430, loop1 =   102.770, rand =    29.641
calloc alone
memcpy =   405.947, loop4 =   361.550, loop1 =    95.441, rand =    21.853
malloc+memset:
memcpy =   239.294, loop4 =   188.617, loop1 =    80.871, rand =     4.726

In 31kernel all 3 measures are about the same (unfortunatly low) level of
malloc+memset in 22.

First of all: What performance can be expected?
Does 22 make failures if it is so much faster?
Can the later kernels get a boost in memory handling?

I used a standard memcpy (think this is glib and hence not neonbased)?
To be neonbased I guess it has to be recompiled?

How can I find out that neon and cache settings are ok?
Using a Omap3530 on EVM board

Unfortunatly I don't have a Lauterbach, just a Spectrum Digital which works
only until Linux kernel is booting.

Best regards
Steffen

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02