I can't get OTG host mode to work with any recent kernels. I'm curious if anyone else has tried this.
It may well be something most people don't do.

I've tried this on our custom hardware (omap3530/tps65930) and on a beagleboard with the same
results.  Our OTG hardware is identical to the beagleboard.

I am using a special mini-B cable which has the ID pin grounded. I know about forcing the mode with echo "host" >/sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode. When I use a 2.6.28 kernel built using the same patches as are in OE, OTG host works fine. I can get the controller into host mode. When I use any kernels from the omap git tree past 2.6.28 it doesn't work. The controller
stays in "b-mode" and won't switch.

I can dig into it and figure out why, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else has already solved it. I've written some diagnostics for the OTG controller and found it's finicky about getting into host mode, sometimes
wanting the phy to be reset before it will switch.

-brad