Jonathan Cameron wrote:
Chris Hudson wrote:
Jean Delvare wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:32:50 -0500, Chris Hudson wrote:
Thank you for your insight Jonathan.  The driver was originally
written for the 2.6.29 omap-android kernel to facilitate integration
of the kxte9 into customer projects.  Unfortunately, it seems that
things in the kernel have changed since then, but I'm not sure how
much we can change without sacrificing compatibility with the Android
sensor API.  Is there a different place where this driver could go
without requiring significant redesign?
I don't think a move implies a redesign. You could put exactly the same
driver under drivers/misc, drivers/accel, drivers/input or what do I
know. I don't want it in drivers/hwmon, but I don't care about anything
else.

Thank you Jean; I will resubmit the driver for drivers/input/misc if
that sounds appropriate.  On another note, I accidentally left some
debug code in place that I will be removing (unless it seems appropriate
to leave that in for intermediate testing).  Any thoughts on this?
I'd run the code (or a description) quickly past the input maintainer Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torok...@gmail.com> before putting any effort into
this.  You certainly don't want to being playing pingpong around the kernel
like one or two other drivers have!

Personally I'd drop debugging unless you have a reason you think there may be
problems.   I'm guessing no one who will do review has one anyway so testing
will be over to you in the short term anyway!  If it's not useful to you anymore
drop it.

Jonathan
--

Thanks for the advice Jonathan. I sent the code to Dmitry last night and already have some good feedback, so I think that's where it will end up.
-Chris