* Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkei...@nokia.com> [100211 03:59]:
> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 12:50 +0100, ext Mike Rapoport wrote:
> > Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > As discussed previously, board file changes in DSS2 tree cause conflicts
> > > with linux-omap easily. There are currently three board file patches in
> > > DSS2's for-next branch:
> > >
> > > 722a97e4594b2041bbf18d95a913ba6dfaca87f2 omap3: cm-t35: add DSS2 display
> > > support
> > > 7a56267e775e469c64521179ccc958c8bb661dbf OMAP: AM3517: Enable DSS2 for
> > > AM3517EVM board
> > > 40e4e67c6dabcb9897b6823cce2297d6c3e78bbd OMAP: Enable DSS2 for OMAP3EVM
> > > board
> > >
> > > The problem here is of course that DSS2 tree may contain unmerged panel
> > > drivers, and those board file changes try to use these new panel
> > > drivers.

OK, Tomi, can you please set up a banch against mainline -rc7 with
whatever board-*.c dss2 patches you want me to pull? I'll pull them
into omap-for-linus, and rebase omap for-next on those.

In general, omap-for-linus should be static for Linus to pull, while
omap for-next still changes based on the comments.

> > Well, the panel drivers are referenced by name in the board files, so
> > merging board
> > file changes through linux-omap tree should not create merge conflicts and
> > compile
> > problems. There just won't be display until DSS2 tree is merged. Or am I
> > missing
> > something?
>
> Yes, that is correct. This makes adding new boards and panels a bit more
> complicated, but should remove most conflicts that happen between
> linux-omap and dss2 trees.

Sure I'll can pull whatever Tomi thinks is OK. Just please
make sure that before I pull, all the dss2 board-*.c patches have
been reviewed on both linux-omap and linux-arm-kernel lists.

We should probably also start merging Tomi's drivers/video/omap branch
into omap master branch on regular basis for testing.

Regards,

Tony