* Felipe Balbi <m...@felipebalbi.com> [100315 10:59]:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 09:32:46AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Hmm now it looks like you're missing 3630 handling?
>
> a bit unrelated but Tony, would you mind looking at patches splitting
> devices.c into something like dev34xx.c dev24xx.c and dev44xx.c ??

Yeah I've been thinking about that too earlier. We could have common
devices.c with the init code, then dev24xx.c and dev34xx.c et al
would just call the common init functions with something like this:

static int __init dev34xx_init(void)
{
        if (!cpu_is_omap34xx())
                return -ENODEV;

        omap_init_mbox(omap34xx_mbox_resources, omap34xx_mbox_nr_resources);
        omap_init_sti(omap34xx_sti_resources, omap34xx_sti_nr_resources);

        return 0;
}

subsys_initcall(emu_init);

Of course that needs to be coordinated with the pending hwmod patches.

> personally I think we should have mach-omap3 and mach-omap4 directories
> but that would be too intrusive IMO.

I think we can achieve most of that by right naming of the files and
with hwmod. Having separate directories typically means multiple copies
of almost the same code.

Regards,

Tony