On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:53:32AM +0100, ext Gadiyar, Anand wrote:
> +  void __iomem            *uhh_base;
> +  void __iomem            *tll_base;
> +  void __iomem            *ohci_base;

this is something we need to think carefully, right ? I believe ehci is
already ioremap()ing uhh_base and tll_base ??

Correct. In it's current form, ehci and ohci will be mutually exclusive.
We'll need to fix this later, but I was hoping to get this driver
in so people can actually use it and test.

Nobody can use EHCI and OHCI together on OMAP3 today anyway - the only
problem we'll have right now is that we cannot build-in both drivers in
the kernel at the same time.

I'll work on getting this in place. I was thinking of moving uhh_* and tll_*
configuration out of these two drivers and into mach-omap2/usb-ehci.c.
Along with this, we have the board files specify one set of port-modes for
each port, instead of one set each for EHCI and OHCI. Then, based on this,
we can ioremap and configure the UHH and TLL blocks once during init.

What do you think?

I was thinking more on the direction of having a core platform_driver instantiate ehci and ohci platform_drivers and pass the ioremaped uhh and tll bases down as, e.g. platform_data. But I don't know still. Having the board code ioremap() that area doesn't sound good. Maybe someone else on linux-omap or linux-usb would have good tips ??

> +  .shutdown       = ohci_hcd_omap_shutdown,
> +  .driver         = {
> +          .name   = "ohci-omap3",
> +  },

no suspend/resume yet ?? :-(

I made this as similar to the current ehci-omap driver as possible.
I wanted to get the functionality in, while I work on adding the
power-management support.

ok makes sense :-)

--
balbi