On 3/23/2010 1:29 PM, Omar Ramirez Luna wrote:
On 3/23/2010 12:54 PM, Ameya Palande wrote:
Hi Omar,

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 19:08 +0100, ext Omar Ramirez Luna wrote:
Hi All,

When updating the custom dspbridge mailbox functions with the ones
avaliable through omap mailbox (by pulling latest dspbridge),
PLEASE remember to enable omap mailbox through menuconfig:

make menuconfig

System Type  --->
      TI OMAP Implementations  --->
          <*>   Mailbox framework support

otherwise, compilation will break like:

    Building modules, stage 2.
    MODPOST 7 modules
ERROR: "omap_mbox_msg_send" [drivers/dsp/bridge/bridgedriver.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "omap_mbox_put" [drivers/dsp/bridge/bridgedriver.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "omap_mbox_get" [drivers/dsp/bridge/bridgedriver.ko] undefined!
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make: *** [modules] Error 2

Can't we make DSP Bridge driver depend on mailbox then?

Yes we can, but I thought that new-to-bridge people who want to compile
a kernel and are impatient enough to read a wiki (updating as we speak),
would freak out if DSP Bridge is not shown in menuconfig because it is
dependent on mailbox ;). Also thought that a note in Bridge defconfig
option might be enough "This driver depends on OMAP Mailbox
(OMAP_MBOX_FWK).", rather than a hard dependency.

The other option was to update the defconfig.

I'm fine with any of those or if anyone has a better suggestion.

By the way a third one would be to auto select mailbox when selecting bridgedriver, but if module is selected this means that a second module hast to be installed prior to bridgedriver.

- omar