On 4/28/2010 2:46 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Omar Ramirez Luna<omar.rami...@ti.com>  wrote:
This patch switches to use DM timer framework instead of
a custom one for GPT timers, currently dsp can make use of
gpt 5, 6, 7 or 8.

I heard someone that was using gpt 8 for something else. Is it
possible to configure dsp-bridge to not use it?

There are two scenarios:

1. The request comes from the DSP side (afaik for video use case), the change should be in the DSP side binaries to request some other gpt instead. I don't know how possible is to get this changed.

2. bridge driver also requests gpt8 whenever a mmu fault is triggered, this to set a timer to interrupt the dsp after the mmu fault dump has been finished, I think this can be easily replaced in bridge to use some other gpt, but "1" is still there. (besides a new patch is needed to remove direct access to dm timer inside ue_deh and make it to go through dsp-clock)

Regards,
omar