* Andrew Morton <a...@linux-foundation.org> [100512 15:19]:

> I'd have thought that sysfs was an appropriate place for this info.
> Perhaps under /sys/devices/platform?  Or /sys/devices/system?  Peter's
> original patch didn't tell us where in the hierarchy the file was
> placed, nor why it was placed there, not what its contents look like.
> But crappy changelogs are the norm :(

To me both proc and sys work, I'm fine either way.

> The objections stated in this email:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg17630.html
> appear to still apply to this version of the patches?
>
> Kevin didn't explain why he said "Please export these via debugfs".
> Tony didn't clearly explain why he said "I don't think we want to
> export unique chip identifiers by default".

The issue I had was with the unique silicon ID getting exposed
by default to avoid the Pentium id number situation :)

It's now handled with a Kconfig and cmdline option, basically the
same way as the id on x86. So the issues in the email thread
above are sorted out.

Regards,

Tony