On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <o...@wizery.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'll just add support for the VM_IO path you mentioned.
>>
>> Cool. I actually tried your patches to render to the framebuffer, and
>> everything seemed to work fine. I didn't check for error codes or
>> anything, so I'm not sure what's going on.
>
> How is the framebuffer mmap'ed ?

mmap(NULL, self->mem_info.size, PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, self->overlay_fd, 0);

> Can you please tell me more about this scenario ?
> (applications + drivers involved).

I use gst-omapfb[1], and then it's very easy with a gst-launch command
(part of GStreamer):

 gst-launch filesrc location=video.avi ! avidemux ! dspvdec ! omapfbsink

> How do I test this scenario ? using the tools you sent me ?
> Do I have to have a beagle board or will ZOOM do ?

I guess you would need to modify dsp-tools to use framebuffer memory.
Or you can do what I do and use gst-dsp + gst-omapfb.

I don't have a zoom, so I haven't tried, but gst-dsp should work on
any platform, and I have tried to make gst-omapfb the same, although
YMMV.

You could also try these binaries:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~felipec/dsp/gst-omap-test.tar.bz

Put on any system, on /opt/gst, and then PATH=/opt/gst/bin.

Cheers.

[1] http://github.com/felipec/gst-omapfb
[2] http://people.freedesktop.org/~felipec/beagle-2.6.32-rc3/

--