On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Luke-Jr <l...@dashjr.org> wrote:
> How do I actually get this to work? Built a kernel with it for my N810, but
> there's no ttyO* (I'm using devtmpfs)...

Hope your are trying to use Kevins Wip-UART branch.
Since platform data support is currently available in that branch.

If your are using kevins wip-uart branch then,
ensure you have selected omap-serial driver

Symbol: SERIAL_OMAP [=y]
  │ Prompt: OMAP serial port support
  │   Defined at drivers/serial/Kconfig:1383
  │   Depends on: HAS_IOMEM [=y] && (ARCH_OMAP2 [=y] || ARCH_OMAP3
[=y] || ARCH_OMAP4 [=y])
  │   Location:
  │     -> Device Drivers
  │       -> Character devices
  │         -> Serial drivers
  │   Selects: SERIAL_CORE [=y]

Also ensure /etc/inittab is update with ttyO* for console usage.
Update console bootparam accordingly based on UART used.

For ex: if uart3 is used as console use console=ttyO2.

---
Regards,
Govindraj.R