Sapiens, Rene <rene.sapiens <at> ti.com> writes:

> You can do a telnet to the device... you should be able to work with it but
your serial session will show the garbage.

> Regards,
> Rene

Hello,

I am in essentially the same position, but currently working off of the pm-head
branch.

I am just using an initramfs, and have tried a few variations.

With no_console_suspend set, I can trigger a wakeup using the
wakeup_timer_seconds.  The power usage goes back to the pre-suspend level, and
see text indicating a successful wakeup, but the console never comes back.

Without no_console_suspend set, I can trigger the wakeup again with
wakeup_timer_seconds, a console prompt comes back, but is unresponsive.

I saw Rene's response about using Telnet, but this implies that there is an
ethernet interface available.  I have a custom board that only has a serial
interface for external visibility, so at this point I lose insight into what is
happening on the board.

I have two questions, if people would be so willing to oblige:

1) Does anyone know why the console doesn't come back after wakeup?  Is this
something that may work in the future?

2) Does the console freezing mean that the other COM ports also don't work?
Would communication on other interfaces continue to work?  For example, a GPS
plugged into one of the other COM ports?

Thanks,

Tyler