On Tuesday 07 December 2010 23:29:59 Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> > While I thank you for you proposed solution, I see it does not work here.
> > In fact I commented the #define CONFIG_MTD_NAND_OMAP_HWECC and left
> > MTD_NAND_OMAP_PREFETCH disabled as it previously was, and got compilation
> > errors:
>
> Wrong, sorry. Your solution compiles and works. I had another change in
> that file that broke compilation.

Luca, I have been having similar problems on a hacked Overo kernel.

I have no problems with 2.6.35.

I tried just commenting out the define and disabling PREFETCH and did not get
a good boot due to ubi not finding the volume info.

Are you loading up a UBI image with uboot?

Are you using the ubi volume as rootfs?

> Nevertheless, it's not clear to me whether the long-term direction is to
> switch to HWECC, and if it is expected to work in current builds, or if
> SWECC in here to stay.

Clearly HWECC has some advantages, but UBI and HWECC need some effort to get
working together.

-- Charles