Vishwanath Sripathy had written, on 12/13/2010 08:45 AM, the following:
Keep in mind - if we disable it in omap3_pm_off_mode_enable - we will deny OFF wholesale if I understand the logic right- not just core-off - I kind of think that is extreme.No, I am not saying that deny idle for all power domains. Deny it only for Core domain, something like this. void omap3_pm_off_mode_enable(int enable) { struct power_state *pwrst; u32 state; if (enable) state = PWRDM_POWER_OFF; else state = PWRDM_POWER_RET; #ifdef CONFIG_CPU_IDLE omap3_cpuidle_update_states(); #endif list_for_each_entry(pwrst, &pwrst_list, node) { pwrst->next_state = state; if (strcmp("core_pwrdm", pwrst->pwrdm->name)==0) { if (IS_PM34XX_ERRATUM(SDRC_WAKEUP_ERRATUM_i583) && state ==PWRDM_POWER_OFF) pwrst->next_state = PWRDM_POWER_RET; } omap_set_pwrdm_state(pwrst->pwrdm, pwrst->next_state);
yep, I think our emails crossed wires - I realized the same as well. -- Regards, Nishanth Menon -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in the body of a message to [email protected] More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
