Sanjeev,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 20:55, Premi, Sanjeev <pr...@ti.com> wrote:
> While building the kernel at 2.6.37, i see this warning for omap3evm - with
> omap3630:
>
> Power Management for TI OMAP3.
> sr_init: No PMIC hook to init smartreflex <-- THIS IS THE WARNING.
> smartreflex smartreflex.0: omap_sr_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
> smartreflex smartreflex.1: omap_sr_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
> SmartReflex Class3 initialized
>
> In the code, i see this comment:
>  /*
>  * sr_init is a late init. If by then a pmic specific API is not
>  * registered either there is no need for anything to be done on
>  * the PMIC side or somebody has forgotten to register a PMIC
>  * handler. Warn for the second condition.
>  */
>  if (sr_pmic_data && sr_pmic_data->sr_pmic_init)
>  sr_pmic_data->sr_pmic_init();
>  else
>  pr_warning("%s: No PMIC hook to init smartreflex\n", __func__);
>
> But, I couldn't find any place where PMIC is being registered.

This is a harmless warning (ideally, we should remove the pr_warning).
 the intent here is to have hook for pmic_init which could be
populated for custom PMICs which may need "something additional" for
Smart reflex enablement. if you look at the sr_pmic_data - it just has
a single api for pmic_init

e.g. in the case of TWL4030/5030, we might need to set the bit to
switch mode from I2C1 to I2C_SR - e.g. the patch from Shweta[1]

if Smartreflex AVS was the *only* mechanism in the system, we could
have hooked pmic_init to this bit setting. but since the system can do
voltage scaling (VP forceupdate/vc bypass) independent of SR AVS
block, the patch in [1] does initialization independent of
sr_pmic_data->pmic_init which makes sense.

in short, my 2cents: the warning is probably something we should
remove from the code.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129584746102725&w=2
Regards,
Nishanth Menon