On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Rajendra Nayak wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On OMAP4, some aux clk nodes (part of SCRM) have control
> for both parent and divider selection. Is there a way in the
> current clock framework for OMAP's to handle this?

For these clocks on OMAP3, we split the clock into two struct clks.  For
example, clkout2_src_ck handles source selection, and sys_clkout2 handles
rate selection.  clock3xxx_data.c has the details.

At some point in the future, hopefully we'll be able to split all of the
multiplexers and dividers into their own struct clks, or struct omap_clks,
or something, so we don't have to implement these hacks.  As I understand
it, that would be closer to the actual hardware, anyway.  The right time
to do that would be after the clktype conversion...

- Paul