* Sanjeev Premi <pr...@ti.com> [110223 04:11]:
> The current implementation almost assumes that only
> TWL4030/TWL5030/TWl6030 are (or can be) used with the
> OMAP processors. This is, however, not true.

If selecting these on platforms that don't have twl
causes problems the problem should be fixed.

You can disable CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2PLUS_TYPICAL, and
then these don't get selected.

> This patch removes the automatic selection of the PMIC
> from Kconfig. Current defaults are chosen in default
> configuration omap2plus_defconfig and can easily be
> added to configuration for any board, there should be
> no compile/run-time impact.

The reason for CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2PLUS_TYPICAL is to
produce a booting kernel if you do the following:

$ echo CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP=y > .config
$ yes "" | ARCH=arm make oldconfig
$ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=mycompiler uImage

So I'd rather keep it around for now. In the long run
omap2plus_defconfig should build a working kernel with
everything as modules though..

BTW, looks like small patch is needed with the patches queued
in omap-for-linus to make the above compile. Will post
as a reply to this mail.

Regards,

Tony