[sp] You seem to be missing the whole point on need of workaround.
     A walk-through in init sequence of OMAP and implicit dependencies
     with PMIC related code should help understanding it better.

     Pluggable interface is quite simple, choose TPS65023 as PMIC and
     I get NO code related to TWL4030 in my build.

     Do note that I haven't talked about voltage scaling so far. It is
     all about initial voltage settings. Hence the mention of initcalls
     earlier.