On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 01:48:52PM -0700, Colin Cross wrote:

> OPP currently has opp_enable and opp_disable functions.  I don't
> understand why these are needed, they are only used at init time to
> determine available voltages, which could be handled by never passing
> unavailable voltages to the dvfs implementation.

I queried this when OPP was originally added.  The motivation which was
given (which seemed fairly reasonable) was to reduce the number of data
tables for similar parts and board designs.  That did seem like
something which it was reasonable to factor out in some way, though
possibly with a different mechanism.