On 5/26/2011 11:40 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
So here's a dumb question, being rather ignorant of CPUfreq on SMP.

Should we be running a CPUfreq instance on both CPUs when they cannot be
scaled independently?

What is being scaled here is actually the cluster (the MPU SS via
dpll_mpu_ck), not an individual CPU.  So to me, it only makes sense to
have a an instance of the driver per scalable device, which in this case
is a single MPU SS.

We are running only one instance and for the exact same reason as above.
You are completely right and that's the whole intention of those
CPUMASK two lines in the initialization code.

What am I missing?

Not at all.

Regards
Santosh