Tomi,
On 8/1/2011 11:31 AM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 18:30 -0600, Paul Walmsley wrote:
Hi Santosh,

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Santosh Shilimkar wrote:

Sorry for not closing the loop on this thread but I thought Tomi
root-caused the DSS timeout issue to incorrect reset sequence of
DSS IP. With that fixed I though we shouldn't see that issue.

OK great, happy to hear that it was tracked down!

Tomi, do you have patches to fix the reset bug?

I have to say I'm not sure what this is about... I haven't seen any
hangs.

There was (or perhaps still is) problems with the hwmod code resetting
DSS. This was because the hwmod code didn't enable all the DSS clocks
before doing the reset. However, this shouldn't cause any problems in
the current mainline kernel, as the DSS driver there does a reset
itself. This will change then the DSS starts using pmruntime.

During your vacation, Archit and Sricharan looked at the issue further.
The issue is indeed related to DSS reset. Archit has posted the patch
on internal review. Please have a look at it.

Regards
Santosh