On 8/10/2011 8:03 PM, G, Manjunath Kondaiah wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Cousson, Benoit<b-cous...@ti.com>  wrote:
On 8/10/2011 6:28 PM, G, Manjunath Kondaiah wrote:

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 01:51:47PM +0200, Cousson, Benoit wrote:

Hi Manju,

On 8/9/2011 4:10 PM, G, Manjunath Kondaiah wrote:

The omap dt requires new omap hwmod api to be added for in order
to support omap dt.

Both the subject and the changelog are misleading. You are not doing
any hwmod stuff in it.
You are just passing an "of_node" pointer during omap_device_build_ss.

The subject should start with OMAP: omap_device: because it does not
belong to the DT subsystem.
The same comment apply to most patches in that series.

The goal of this patch is to make omap-hwmod ready for dt adaptation hence
I used the title "dt: omap: prepare hwmod to support dt" and "of_node"
pointer
is passed from dt and it is required for dt build.

I think that the goal of this patch is to update the omap_device_build_ss
API in order to provide a device tree node pointer to pdev. For the moment
there is nothing related to hwmod.
yes. it is to update  *_ss api with device node pointer and introduce new
api exported for dt builds.  I can update with this description.

And as you mentioned, patch does not do anything related to omap_device.

You meant omap_hwmod?

Yes. It should be "omap: omap_hwmod: add device node pointer"

... "OMAP: omap_device: Add device tree node pointer"