On Wednesday 23 November 2011 04:57 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 16:38 +0530, Archit Taneja wrote:

I think it would be best to stuff the 'video mode enabling and
manager
enabling' functionality in omapdss_dsi_display_enable() itself, the
panel driver shouldn't need to call a function separately to enable
video mode for the panel. This way we would be more along the lines
of
the dpi driver, where dpi_display_enable() enables the manager in the
end.

But we need to configure the panel between enabling the DSI interface
and enabling the video output, so we can't combine those two functions.

Oh okay, that's right, we can't start video mode before preparing the panel.

Archit

For DPI things are simpler, as enabling the interface and the video
output are more or less the same thing.

  Tomi